Hi! I'm Rachel, and I specialize in newborn photography. My style is simple and natural, and I do my best to stick with that in all aspects of my work.
As a photographer, I'm after much more than just snapping your photo, handing you a disc of images, and sending you on your way to get on to the next client. I invest between 10 to 15 hours with each client from first contact through product delivery; I want to ensure that you receive the highest level of care throughout your entire journey with me, including an experience and atmosphere of rest during your newborn session that you won't find elsewhere. If you want to curl up on the couch and take a nap, then please do so! I also meet with you in person for your image reveal/order session to ensure you're the first one seeing your beautiful images, and to ensure any questions you may have about prints and products are answered right there without confusion.
I am passionate about continually furthering my education in all aspects of newborn photography to ensure the best images and service for every one of my clients. I graduated in 2012 with a degree in Photographic Technologies and Digital Design and Layout, and I take classes yearly to improve on my craft and ensure I'm staying on top of all the latest newborn photography techniques, safety, and business practices.
More about me:
• I love Jesus. He is the reason I have hope, and the one I strive to do my best for in every aspect of my life
• I'm married to my best friend, Cam
• We discovered a love for canoeing & camping a few years ago and have been on several multi day canoe trips along the Au Sable River and Manistee River, along with climbing Mount Goshen in the Smoky Mountains, and recently restored our first vintage canoe!
• I'm slightly obsessed with Fixer Upper (aka everything Joanna Gaines does)
• Cam and I love DIY projects and we recently bought our first house in August, which is now my new studio for newborns!
• I love succulents and plants of every kind. My dream is to have a beautiful outdoor garden at our home someday, and a house filled with plants (which I'm currently working on :D ).
• I have 5 siblings and our 16th niece/nephew is on the way!
If you're interested in getting to know me more and following our house journey, you can follow my personal account on Instagram: @rachelmwalters
You can also follow my photography page: @rachelwaltersphotography
If you're really interested in getting to know me, you can also follow our canoe/hiking adventures! @canoeido